Virtual career fair quick start guide for employers
1. Go to https://www.cco.purdue.edu/Employers/MyCCO to log in or click “forgot password” if you are new to the system.
2. On the day of the fair, you can access the fair 60 minutes before it begins.
3. Once you have logged in, go to Events/Career Fairs/Sigma Career Fair and click View Chats.
4. Confirm your meeting information (update with a new video link if you need to) under Chat Instructions.
5. If you want to modify your profile information (name, title, division), you will need to ask your employer contact to make this change.
6. You can greet students with your profile picture by uploading it under Account/Personal Profile.
7. Your employer contact has set The Expected Chat Time per Student, which is the same for all representatives at your company. If you would like to modify
the Expected Chat Time per Student, you will need to ask your employer contact to make this change.
8. Set your Status to Online.
9. Start your video meeting (using the video link provided in Chat Instructions)
and keep your video meeting running for the entire length of the fair. Make sure you have two browser windows open side by side-one for the video meeting and another one for Symplicity, so you can see the timer.
10. If your Alternate Chat Instructions include a phone number, make sure to have your phone handy in case students experience technical difficulties.
11. When the fair starts, you will see students lining up in your queue.
12. Select the student at the top of the list, unless the student is already video chatting with another representative from your company. It may take a couple of minutes for a student to join your video chat.
13. Once you have started to video chat with a student, watch the timer which will count down from the maximum time to zero. When time is up, you will see an alert and hear a “ding” sound.
14. When you are done, click End Chat in Symplicity, and Remove/Dismiss Attendee in your video meeting. This enables you to keep your video meeting running, ensuring no overlap between students.
15. You can mark the student as a candidate you are Interested or Not Interested in, and take notes. This information is not shared with the student.
16. If you need to step away for a short break, set your Status to Busy. Students can continue to join your queue.
17. If you need to take a longer break and no other representative from your company is Online, then set your Status to Offline. Students will be notified that you are no longer online and will likely leave your queue. The system will automatically send you resumes of students who were in line, but did not have a chance to connect with you.
18. If you try to select students who are busy chatting with another company, you will not be able to select them, but they will stay in your queue for later conversations.
19. When the fair is over, you can filter students by Overall Feedback and download resumes.
20. Before or during the fair, you can generate interest in your company by inviting students to video chat with you. Go to the All RSVP’d Students tab, use Advanced Search to find students of interest, select them and use Mail To/Invite to Chat. There is a default template which you can customize.